Laboratory experiments are necessary and we do these rigorously beforehand, but they mean nothing without field testing.
So, we do always check our information is correct, and we test out our products in the field on every single type ground around the world ( oh yes ! ) and in all weather conditions. This involves many different levels of testing. Downhill World Champion’s needs, starting from the behaviour of the brake pad and the brakes themselves, won’t be the same as the casual rider’s needs. It’s up to us to satisfy both of them.
To be honest, it’s the coolest part of the job; ride our Bikes.
Brake Authority is the first brand to undertake a large scale program of embedded tests in the field to certify the evolution of our brake pads. Thanks to the support of Fabien Barrel and the Tecmas enterprise - a long-term specialist in embedded tests for Gp Bike and Motocross, these experiments were able to be realized.
As far as we can see, the genesis of such a program on MTB brakes is a major first. However, in our opinion, it seems to be essential. The laboratory results based on simulations and the wear of the components, were compared with the rider’s experience.
Making and E-MTB tests
Numerous data are extracted from these tests thanks to a generous harvest of sensor’s information and some advanced technology. In this way, temperature and wear, can be measured second by second.
Every recorded descent is then digitalized on a software in order to let our engineers continue the progress in our expertise. This unique technique leads our innovating expertise team to be the most thorough possible.
It’s a step forward in our quest to provide you with the best brake pads on the market, the most performant and being truly eco-friendly.
Our strong points
- Made in France : A guarantee of a high-end manufacturing- A line of products that fits into all brake systems in the market.
- All models are « sintherized » : a compounded manufacturing process that offers a long lasting life to the pads.
- Developed and put to a high-level race test with Fabien Barel – twice Downhill World Cup winner, several pro cycling teams.
- Laboratory tested with a razor sharp development software.
- Field-tests embedded data : a major first in the MTB universe.
- The Tribe Troup Test made up of pilots riding in different disciplines. Every year, they test new products in order to validate them. We hope to satisfy everyone with our products : from the Wolrd Champion to the casual rider.
- 5 different models for all riding styles
- Aggressive Ceramic (A ceramic screen on our high-end pads: an advanced cooling system for braking at higher temperatures through a Thermic screen)